May 13, 2011

So what's going on...

What I know:
-Blogger was down all of yesterday and posts and comments from after a certain time have been rolled back. Most of the comments on last Naroni post are missing and my new story, Realmspeaker, has vanished entirely.
-If the comments aren't back by the end of the weekend, I still have them in my inbox and will be reposting them on everyone's behalf, because A) I believe in free speech and B) I'm not going to lie, I like seeing "11 comments" better than seeing "3 comments".
-If Realmspeaker isn't back by the end of the day, I'll remake the blog with a slightly different URL.
-I'm backing up all of my blogs as soon as I know what's up with Realmspeaker.
-There will be a new Naroni either tonight or tomorrow.
-At the end of the day, I'll probably have to stick with Blogger. I can't imagine ever hosting a story on LiveJournal or Dreamwidth, and frankly there are certain things about WordPress that bother me and nothing that really strikes me as special--I mean, come on, you can hardly even customize unless you really know what you're doing. And really... I have too much to want to move it, even if I do move it somewhere that will cleanly import.

In any case, sorry for the inconvenience.


EDIT: Realmspeaker has a new home.

http://therealmspeaker.blogspot.com/

I have copy/pasted all previous comments from my email. Going to do the same with the last Naroni post now.

4 comments:

S.B. said...

I hope you get your comments back, and Realmspeaker. So far, I haven't seen any sign of anything I lost, but in my case it wasn't anything important.

Over the years, I've considered moving off Blogger, but there isn't anything else that seems to work for us. I'm with you in that I can't imagine dealing with LJ or Dreamwidth, not to host a story. I need skills I don't have to use Wordpress and I'm not interested in spending my time acquiring those skills.

I did back everything up as soon as Blogger came back online.

Wishing you good luck!!

Joseph said...

Ah so you're having trouble too. I was wondering whether it was just in Britain. In any case, you actually make me feel better.

I might as well say now that I LOVED your first prompt for Realmspeaker. Sci-fi is my favourite genre to read and you've got me intrigued.

Personally I have to disagree with you about Wordpress. I've found it very helpful and I found customization easy. (Then again, I probably know what I'm doing. Lol.)

Let's just hope that Blogger doesn't do any of this again, eh?

Penelope said...

Blogger is poop but I agree, so long as they don't lose our data, for our purposes it is the most workable of poops.

Van said...

Thanks guys. I hope you all get your stuff back too.