May 23, 2011

In Which Sextus Knows He Knows

May 27, 1174

Envy this... resentment that... some bit about her sister... Sextus tried to look interested. He understood, of course, that the words of a concerned patron in need of guidance demanded his full attention, but it was difficult to focus on what Ivona was saying when her bodice had been laced to flatter her curvy figure. Of course, he might have preferred it unlaced--or, better yet, on the floor. The same could be said of the rest of her clothing.

She reached a lull in her explanation and stared at him--like she was expecting an answer. What had she been talking about, again? He searched his mind for the last bit he remembered. Oh yes... her sister. "So... are you anything like your sister, sweetheart?"

Her sea-blue eyes bulging for a second, she dismissed the thought with a wave of her hand--and a flash of gold around her finger. "I am happily married, thank you very much."

Sextus smirked. "So's your sister."

"So she thinks, perhaps." Ivona's pretty mouth curled with a nun-like disapproval. Granted, Sextus had known his fair share of sexy nuns. "Frankly, Father, I don't like where this conversation seems to be heading. I came to you for advice and you're not being helpful."

"And you, my dear--" He placed his hand on her bare forearm, only to have it yanked from his grasp "--seem to be averse to the idea of fun. Tell your sister to talk to me herself; maybe she'll be a little more cooperative."

He lifted his eyes from her breast just long enough to see a vein throb in her temple. Maybe the blood was finally starting to churn? "You're a horrible priest, you know that?"

"In my defense, I always wanted to a be a pirate instead." She sniffed, but it sounded indulgent. He would have to try a little harder. "How about yourself? Think you might have made a good sea wench?"

"That depends. I suppose it could have been agreeable as long as I was several nauts away from you."

Ouch. But no matter. Sextus was nothing if not persistent; after all, 'sex' was in his very name. "Oh, our ships would have crossed at some point, I'm sure."

Ivona shrugged, then turned around and strode toward the door. He might have been annoyed had the shawl around her waist not shed such light on her rear advantage. "Believe what you will, but you won't be making port in my harbor. Now, not a word about my sister's troubles to anyone, all right?"

"Very well." Shame. A tip about a loose village woman might have earned him a couple of free drinks from his brothers. But that which passed between a priest and his confessors was sacred, and maybe that applied to words as well as bodily fluids. And now that he thought about it, maybe it was best that only he knew of the woman's... difficulties? He placed his hand to his chin and looked to the window, trying to figure out when next his path might cross with that of Ivona's sister...

But the door opened and closed again before he'd had much of a chance to think. Sextus sighed. Today just wasn't his day, was it? "Yes?"

"Father." To his dismay, it was a male voice. Sextus turned around to see a tall young man making his way toward him. His hair was a shocking shade of red and he walked with a slight shuffle. Somehow, he looked a little familiar. "You remember me, right?"

Err... "Uh, well..."

"Searle Andronei."

That didn't help. "Who?"

"The Baron of Hoprine's second son."

Still nothing.

"My mother is your first cousin."

No, that still wasn't ringing any bells... Oh! Laughing at his own lapse in memory, Sextus clapped his hands together. Now he could recall how he knew this youngster! "A-ha! Didn't I buy some magic mushrooms from you on my way back from Rome last November?"

The young man blinked. Then again. Again. Then, finally-- "Sure. Why not?"

Sextus grinned. Even if his charm had failed him earlier, it was good to know that his mind, at least, was sharp as ever. "I knew I knew you from somewhere! Say, do you happen to have any on you right now?"

"No. I just sold my last pouch to some kid in the village." He sighed, his eyes rolling upward to the ceiling. Maybe he'd just downed a pouch himself. "Anyway, I'm staying at the local inn for a few days. Falidor let me in before he left for the night, but I can't find Lord Severin or any of his family, so I figured I'd come here and ask you. Do you know where Viridis is?"

Viridis. That was a nice name. But... "Who?"

The young man's eyes nearly popped out of his sockets. Those must have been some damn strong mushrooms. "Lord Severin's daughter."

"As of March, Lord Severin has five daughters."

The visitor caught his lip between his teeth. "The second one."

"And which one is that?" Their faces flashed across his mind's eye--as they did on occasion--but no names came to mind. "The dark-haired one with the great ass, the blonde with the nice tits, the redhead who'd probably be wildfire in the sack, or the quiet one who's bound to have a secret kinky side?"

Jesus Christ. Not even mushrooms could produce that sort of mind-blown glaze. Damn kid must have had access to something stronger; Sextus supposed he would have to inquire. "...She's the blonde."

Well, that was convenient. He had no idea where the hell the other three might have been. "Oh, she'd be in bed right now. Poor girl passed out during supper a couple nights ago and hasn't had more than a minute of consciousness since."

"...What?"

NEXT CHAPTER:

15 comments:

Van said...

Major thanks to Meshy for use of her gorgeous self-sim as Ivona (who is also Nora's maid).

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, NOO! Not sweet Viridis!

... Although wouldn't Falidor know where the family is? Or is this the private chapel in the Kemorin castle, and Searle just followed voices until he could find somebody to give him directions?

Also, I'd like Sextus-the-stoner-priest a lot more if he hadn't just let such horrible news drop. :( Kind of spoiled my enjoyment of his stoner ways ...

Although I hope Severin gets another priest at some point. I don't think he'd like the thought of his daughters being sexually harassed every time they went to confession, let alone every other woman in his shire.

Meshy said...

"but you won't be making port in my harbor."
I'm so using that next time I'm at the ren-faire and get hit on!!

And thanks again for giving my self sim a part in your story!

Shame on that magic shroom-eating priest! Getting high and harassing the women folk is gonna get him hurt!

Van said...

Morgaine: Yep, sweet Viridis :(

It's a pretty big castle. Falidor can't be expected to know where everyone is at once :P But yes, this is the chapel in the castle (and actually, the only chapel in the shire so far--the public can access it through the courtyard without entering the castle proper). Searle pretty much looked around then figured maybe Sextus was around.

Fortunately for Severin, Veldorashire is probably the least devout place in Medieval Christendom, so his daughters (and many of his female subjects) aren't in Sextus's presence very often. And I don't know how much Severin knows about Sextus firsthand, considering that he only bothers showing up for mass once every few months, and only then if he has nothing else to do.

Meshy: Glad you liked that line :)

No problem! She's a great Sim. Thanks for letting me use her :)

And to think, Sextus isn't even the worst priest in Naroni :P

Penelope said...

Searle's "Sure. Why not?" made me laugh. Oh brovah.

I think Sextus needs to get checked out. He may be fully functioning from the waist down but not so much from the neck up.

Van said...

I do believe Sextus has had a few too many mushrooms in his day :P

S.B. said...

Somehow I don't think he would have lasted long as a pirate...

What a hysterical conversation. I don't think Sextus ever did recognize or remember Searle. But Viridis has been in a coma for days? And nobody has done anything?

I love the lighting in these shots. The whole place looks dusty and sunshot.

Van said...

Hehehe...

Unfortunately, there's not much they can do, other than maybe getting Laveria to look her over and sitting by her bedside :(

Thanks Beth :)

The Lunar Fox said...

Just had to say, hilarious conversation here! OMG, lol!

Van said...

I really need more priest chapters XD

Verity said...

Wait... I mean Naroni!!! :D

Verity said...

That's weird... my first comment didn't even go through for some reason. Maybe it shows up later. So now the second one makes no sense :).

I was just saying that I love the naughty priests of Dovia (instead of Naroni). Hence the outburst in the second comment.

*sigh* :)

Van said...

Huh. Occasionally my spam filter goofs, but I checked it and your comment wasn't there. Weird :S

But oh, Naroni is certainly the place for naughty priests XD

katdelval said...

I lol'd so hard at "magic mushrooms." So, so hard. I'm catching up! XD

Van said...

Thanks! The magic mushrooms do seem fitting for the priests of Naroni, don't they? ;)