September 6, 2011

In Which Riona's Brothers' Bet Is Settled

December 25, 1175

"What are you doing in here?" laughed Riona as Isidro slipped into the room. "This is a lady's bedchamber! My father will kill you if he knows you're here!"

"Who do you think sent me here?" Smirking, he shut the door and crossed the room, flopping down on the other side of the bed; between them, Alya bounced. "He said there wouldn't be much point to making us sleep in separate beds so long after the fact. Besides--" He placed a hand on Alya's head and ruffled her curls "--it's not like we don't have any supervision."

Alya giggled. Riona attempted to give her a quick kiss on the head, but found she was too difficult to maneuver herself around the bulge of her stomach. She didn't think Nora or Raia had ever been this big at this stage. God, she hoped it wasn't twins. "What did he say?"

"Well, for starters, he gave me the castle by the mountain pass."

Riona snorted. Maybe things like this were why her friends thought her father was so lenient--not that there was a specific precedent so far as she knew. "Really?"

"Really." He reached across the bed and pushed back a strand of her hair. "Come with me?"

"I don't know; that castle's a bit drafty." He blinked, surprised and a little hurt like she'd just smacked him across the face. Riona rolled her eyes. "I was joking, stupid. Of course I'll go with you."

A hint of red flashed across his face--not a common sight. "Ah. Right. Anyway, he said he'd knight me if I married you."

Knight him? A conversation of some years back rushed to the front of her mind; she had to snicker. "Guess Searle owes Jadin a sword."

"What?" Isidro's brow popped upward, pushing the top of his scar along with it. God, she used to hate that scar--but now that she thought about it, she didn't think he'd look quite right without it. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"They had a bet." Those two were always betting--usually about her. Funny that she could remember this particular one so well just then. "Jadin said that if Father ever wanted me to get married, he'd have to throw in something extra."

The eyebrow didn't drop; if anything, it steepened. "Why would he say that?"

Riona shrugged. "Probably because he doesn't think any man would be crazy enough to want me on my own."

"Oh." Isidro's dark eyes gave her a quick sweep, then rolled back in their sockets. "Then it seems to me that Jadin owes Searle a sword."

NEXT CHAPTER:

7 comments:

Van said...

I kind of hate that glitch where pregnant Sims in the second trimester have the third trimester bump on other people's lots. Riona should not be anywhere near that big :S

(For the record, she's been living with Izzy and Alya in-game for a while now.)

Anyway... next post is the last of 1175! Finally! :D Guess this means I should finally figure out what to do about those directories I keep neglecting :S

Anonymous said...

Ugh! That's annoying. However! There is a travel debugger at Back Alley Sims that you can use to set the bump to where it's supposed to be. That's how Dannie managed to appear with only a second trimester bump in her last post. ;)

And in other news ... awww, Izzy. Poor guy still has his self-esteem in the toilet. Of course Riona will go to the castle with you. Tapestries can keep out the drafts. And if that doesn't work, you can keep her nice and warm. ;)

Lastly, Ayla is cu-ute! Roderick is going to have a fit when he finds all this out, but he can go stuff himself. :D

Van said...

Thanks for the heads up :) I'll go check that out as soon as I can find my login information.

I don't know if Izzy's self-esteem is ever going to reach a healthy level, but at least he's safely out of Domingo's reach now. But yeah, there was no real question about whether or not she'd go with him.

Roderick will be pissed--but no one cares what Roderick thinks :P

Epi said...

Severin and his large get all seem to live to upset Roderick!

Van said...

More or less XD

Orilon said...

It seems to me that Riona has a little bit of self-esteem issue (although not as bad as Izzy's). The reason I say that is her automatic assumption that Jadin was right in that Izzy was only mentioning marriage after Severin offered him the castle and Knighthood for marrying her.


Side note: I was checking the Naroni family tree website and freaked out a little when I saw the recent death. I got confused with the tendency of same names and thought Prince Ietrin had driven Sparron's twin to suicide with his shitty treatment of her until I looked a little further into the family trees.

With the way Ietrin and Roderick act, I doubt anyone really cares if they piss them off.

Van said...

Riona could very well have some sort of self-esteem issues, though not nearly as bad as Izzy's. She's one of the middle children of a large blended family and I think she might have subconsciously figured that the only way she could get noticed was by acting up. That in turn probably led to jokes like that, which might have taken a toll on her. But we never saw much of Riona when she was a child, so I guess we'll never know for sure.

Sorry about that--different Jedaline Tamrion (that would be Searle the Sad's older brother's second wife--a first cousin of Sparron and Jeda, actually). Jeda is still very much alive, though I wouldn't say she's doing "well" :S

Ha! Yeah, you're probably right about that XD