November 17, 2010

In Which Ellona Finds the Use

October 5, 1170

"Well, I'll be damned!" The violet of his wide eyes obvious even in the dim candlelight, Prince Ietrin shut the door behind him and stared. "Is my birthday coming early this year?"

Of all the dumb things he could have said. Oh well; knowing him, Ellona doubted she could have expected anything more original.

Awkward, she tried to smile in spite of her thousand conflicting thoughts--was she sitting properly, was her nightgown loose enough, was she mad for even doing this in the first place, the whole deal. But it seemed to Ellona that the whole thing could be worth it if--and only if--she could manage to take her mother's suggestion and use it against her. How was that for irony?

"I'm sorry to intrude," she purred, finding it difficult to mimic the tone her mother reserved for men like Sir Searle without mocking it, "but it's just so cold down in my room, and I thought I might find it a little warmer up here."

Ietrin smirked. "Of course you'd be cold, in a thin, transparent little nightgown like that."

"Oh, this old thing?" She took hold of the gossamer skirt with a pinching motion and pulled it upwards, the hem along with it. "For all I know, I might be just as warm without it."

"A theory worthy of testing if I ever heard one!" He winked at her, then kicked off his boots and began to pull off his clothes, shoving them carelessly into their drawers as if they were disposable kitchen rags. "Mind moving over? You're on my side of the bed."

Oh really? As far as Ellona was concerned, she was on her side of the bed; nevertheless, she supposed she would have to indulge him the first couple of times, so she rolled onto her back and settled herself on the other half of the mattress. "Better?"

"Much." He kicked the drawer shut and joined her on the bed. She took a moment to glance over his torso; if she got no further enjoyment out of the night's activities, at least she could say she'd been pleasantly surprised to find that he was not as scrawny as she'd suspected. Indeed, he even seemed to have some degree of muscle, and he wasn't yet sixteen--he would fill out. "Like what you see, darling?"

She decided to be coy. "That depends. How would you say you are compared to other princes your age?"

That hadn't sounded coy at all--or had it? She didn't know.

In any case, it didn't seem to matter to Ietrin. "If I were in any position to know, I would tell you--but as that is not the case, it seems that I am the only example either of us have. Would you say I'm a good one?"

Aiming for sultriness, Ellona smiled. "I may need a little convincing." Was that sultry? Dear Lord, how did her whore of a mother do it? Was it some instinct that she herself had not inherited?

But Ietrin only took her in his arms and pressed her to the mattress. "Then let me convince you."

Ellona had been under the impression that Ietrin's tongue was a curse upon mankind. The words that rolled off of it were almost always useless, and even annoying more often than not; never had she heard him keep anyone's interest long enough for a proper conversation, or even chatter on for much more than a minute without saying something exceedingly pompous. Every time he'd opened his mouth, she'd wanted to tear out his tongue and slap him across the face with it.

But she knew now that it had a use after all. Ellona had been kissed before, but never with such confidence, never with such refinement; she'd always figured he was lying when he boasted about his conquests, but with a kiss like that, his tales must have been at least somewhat true. His tongue encircled her own with the graceful agility of a prancing stag, ran along along the ridge of her mouth with the most delicate finesse. It was as if he had been born to such tasks.

A small moan escaped her as he left her mouth and progressed downward to her neck, the smooth glide of his tongue like velvet across her flesh. He unlaced the top of her nightgown and left a trail of soft kisses upon each of her breasts, then took them in his hands and squeezed as he propelled himself back towards her face; as if by some undiscovered reflex, she snapped her legs around his waist and nudged his loincloth down his legs until it had reached his knees. He kicked it to the side and buried himself in his face once more, a stiff protrusion making itself known against her thigh.

He returned to an upright position, pulling her along with him. Running his hand along her side, he released her from his kiss, leaving her breathless and intoxicated. "Ellona?"

She ran her fingers through his curls, eager to distract herself from the unfamiliar ooze creeping from between her legs. "Yes?"

"Are you sure you want this?" He looked her in the eye and waited. Did he mean to give her a choice?

In that case, she would take it. She pulled her nightgown over her head and tossed it to the floor.

NEXT CHAPTER:

11 comments:

Van said...

Question. I've been thinking about doing some sort of resource list, but I really don't want to go through all my CC and compile a huge mess of links. Also, I've noticed that I seem to remember where I find BodyShop content much more easily than where I find buy and build objects.

So, I was thinking what I could do is add a "CC" section to each character's profile. Obviously, this would be a gradual thing, since I don't want to do that all at once, and it would be dependent on if I can remember/find where I got the clothing/hair/etc. in the first place (and assuming it's all still available in the first place). It would just be something to work on when I'm bored, and who knows, it might turn out to be useful for some people. Any thoughts?

eclectictsunami said...

Whew! *Fans self* Well, that was hotter than anticipated!

Can't wait for the next chapter!!

Anonymous said...

This was a very suprising post. I don't know what was more shocking ...

1) Ellona going along with her mother's scheme.

2) Ietrin hesitating and giving her a choice.

3) Ietrin actually being good at all this! :-O

But it was very enjoyable all the same. :)

As for the CC list, that sounds like a good idea -- but like you said, only when you're bored. No point going crazy when you could be writing.

And ... and ... is that Tavrin all grown up??

Van said...

Cassie: Heheheh... thanks. glad you enjoyed :)

Morgaine: I thought the post was going to turn out pretty differently before I took the pictures. I knew she was going to go along with it, but I'd originally planned on him not having a clue what he was doing and her not being impressed at all, but I think I like this way better--not as funny, perhaps, but I think it has more plot potential long-term.

Tavrin was actually an adult the last time we saw him, but I changed his hair and now he looks a little older. But yeah, he's certainly not a kid anymore--and we'll see proof of that next chapter.

Thanks Morgaine. Glad you enjoyed :)

S.B. said...

Love this!

At first, I thought come on Ellona, that's the lamest seduction...but then Ietrin didn't need a lot of convincing LOL!

Not a bit surprised that she got into it once he began. I am surprised that Ietrin didn't waste a second wondering why she was there. I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!! Girls just throw themselves into my bed. Ummm...

Astonishing that he would pause and make sure she was serious, but then again, Ietrin isn't a bad guy, so it really isn't astonishing. It's in character.

Your idea for a CC list by character sounds really good! You could link to wherever you're going to put it and include the link in the chapter updates.

Van said...

If my memory serves correctly, sixteen-year-old boys generally don't need a whole lot of convincing--or reasoning :P

But yeah, Ietrin isn't a bad guy. He's definitely full of himself, but he's not completely inconsiderate. He is quite fond of Ellona.

I think I'll just incorporate the CC list at the end of each character's profile. That way I don't need a separate page or blog :P

Thanks Beth. Glad you enjoyed :)

thewynd said...

It is very obvious here that Ietrin is most definitely a product of both his parents. He has his father's ego and his mother's err, talents. I think Ellona will be surprised at a lot more than Ietrin's adeptness...she may completely change her mind about using this...glad that at least she intended to turn the tables on her mother but I still think she is getting more than she bargained for.

thewynd said...

And you know quite often I stumble upon sites that make me think of you...great CC that would suit Naroni and Ashelia to a tee but then there is the EP issue...I think it would be fun to see a CC list as long as it isn't time consuming for you.

Van said...

Ietrin is definitely his parents' son :P

I doubt things are going to go as Ellona plans. She'll definitely get more enjoyment out of the whole thing now that she knows he's capable of arousing her, but it's only a matter of time before this blows up in her face. Elarys does know Ellona, after all--she might have expected that Ellona would try to turn the plan against her :S

I've been slowly adding the CC lists to the profiles. I've been trying to do one of the old ones a day so far (starting with the first ones I posted--namely, Roderick's, Geneva's, and Geneva's dead brother's CC lists are done), and just doing them automatically with new profiles (I had to post a new one today, so that's done too). Considering how many profiles I have, it'll definitely take a while, but it would be nice to credit the creators :)

Penelope said...

OMG, Ellona's inner monologue at the beginning was hilarious! Almost as hilarious as Ietrin telling her to move over because SHE WAS ON HIS SIDE OF THE BED! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! And. I. died.

What a delightful pair of characters. I feel bad for Ellona in a way though because what if she really starts to take a shine to him (and more than just carnally)? I can't see that pretentious git marrying her. His parents would lose their minds, for one. Oh dear. Great chapter, Van!

Van said...

Thanks Pen. Glad you enjoyed :)

They do make quite a pair. But yeah, he'd never marry her even if he did love her. I think he's used to the idea of marrying Jeda by now, but I'm sure he's happy to keep banging Ellona on the side if they end up really falling for each other. She might want something more at some point, though. Watch this space :P