January 3, 2009

In Which Geneva Lets Herself Forget

January 29, 1156

Like any ordinary little girl, Geneva of Bandera had always enjoyed playing dressup, whether with her sister and their friends, or just on her own if no one else was available. Unlike most little girls, however, the earl's daughter had never been one to pretend to be above her station, even in play; while Eudocia and Medea and Athalia had always wanted to be princesses, Geneva had been much more eager to be their servant. Princesses were only to be looked at, cooped up in their castles with their fathers and mothers until they were married off to the heirs of dukes and earls; servants, however, were free to do as they pleased when they were off duty.

At twenty-three, her fondness for costumes and fantasy remained, although she took care only to indulge herself in this guilty pastime when no one else was around; Roderick, she knew, would not be particularly pleased to find her dressed in an outfit she'd stolen from one of the maids, and even Medea would think her terribly immature. Geneva found herself looking forward to when Leara was old enough to appreciate the joys of dressing up--then, she would have an excuse to do it herself.

She cringed at the sight of her nose. Sure, it looked passable on her, a woman, but she'd seen it on her father; she was beginning to fear for Ietrin and any future sons she may have. Leara too would be better off with Roderick's nose, for the sake of her own future babies.

Lady Alina had a perfect nose--a perfect everything, as Geneva had been reminded at the feast at Dalston's castle only a few hours earlier. That woman did not have the figure of a woman who had given birth less than four months prior, that was for sure, and from what Geneva could tell, Alina's husband was considerably less of a prude than Roderick was. Even her baby was prettier than either of Geneva's; shame the Roderick would never allow Ietrin to marry Raia, really, seeing as she would make a beautiful queen one day and produce very lovely children.

Oh, but to be valued for more than just her children! That was what Geneva truly desired. Not just by Roderick, mind, but by any man, every man; monogamy was just not a part of her nature. She sighed dramatically--if only she were once again young and unattached...

"Well, your highness! I see your queenly grace remains even with that servant's dress."

Embarassed, she recomposed herself as Aldhein entered the room, brushing his silky auburn hair out of his eyes. "I thought my husband gave you the day off," she whispered softly.

"But you didn't give me the night off," he pointed out. "Come here a minute."

Unable to resist, she turned around and ran to him, flinging her arms around his neck.

"You're very lucky my husband drank too much and passed out at Armion Keep," sighed Geneva.

Aldhein smiled. "You're very lucky, you mean."

"Well... maybe a little."

"Your eyes match that dress perfectly," he purred, "but I still think a lady such as yourself looks best without any dress at all."

Geneva giggled. "You're terribly unromantic, you do realize."

"Yes, but seeing as you're as willing as I am, there's no need for romance."

She pushed herself free of his embrace and stepped away, turning her back so he could not see her smile. "You shouldn't be here. This is wrong."

Chuckling to himself, Aldhein placed his hand on her shoulder and spun her so they were once again face to face.

"Oh, your tongue says 'no'," he whispered seductively into her ear, "but your smile screams 'please'."

And then, he nipped her earlobe.

"Oh!" Geneva exclaimed, failing to hide the excitement in her voice. "Why you naughty boy! I am a married lady, and a queen, and you are merely a steward!"

His grin didn't fade. "Take your dress off, and this mere steward will have you calling him God Almighty."

"It sure would be easy to confess to you," she agreed as he gently stroked her face.

"If I shall see your soul, I'll have to see your body first."

Geneva was the Queen of Naroni. She was the wife of King Roderick, and the mother of his two children. But right now, she had forgotten that. Now, as she slipped out of the stolen dress, she was simply a woman.

"Oh sweet Blessed Mother!" the steward cried as he took her in his arms once more. "If your soul is as perfect as your body, you must be the Virgin Mary herself!"

"You foolish man!" Geneva laughed. "You know for a fact there's no way I could be!"

"If I am a fool, than I should put my mouth to more practical tasks than speech."

And that he did.

9 comments:

Van said...

No preview picture today folks, because I'm going to be taking a bit of a break in order to improve the look of my pictures. Everyone in Naroni will be getting a new skin, and I'll finally be installing a photo mod. I might look for some default replacement eyes too, for sims like Roderick and Adonis and Norwan who got stuck with Maxis defaults.

Penelope said...

HAPPY EIGHTEENTH BIRTHDAY, VAN!!!! You're all growed-up now!


*sigh* Geneva with her "it's so hard to be me because I'm a queen and my husband has no sex drive and my nose isn't as pretty as Alina's"!

Actually... Is Roderick gay? Or is there some other reason why he might just not be attracted to Geneva? Because typically, a guy his age would be all over that.

Unless of course, he's so much of a sot that he physically can't get it up.

Van said...

Thanks, Pen :)

Heheheh, we should get him together with Verity's gay steward and... well, nothing would happen. He's not gay, although it does seem like the obvious explanation. Roderick is just a guy who is infinitely more interested in being THE KING than having sex with his perpetually horny wife. He does it, of course (she doesn't give him much of a chance to refuse), but he doesn't enjoy it as much as he enjoys sitting on his thrown and bossing the servants around.

I'm thinking out of all these babies these randy couples will produce, though, chances are there will be at least one gay couple in the next generation.

lothere said...

Maybe she lets on how unsatisfying (and small) she finds him to be? I don't know what man would go gladly to be belittled night after night, no matter how beautiful the woman.

And I'm all caught up! :-D Just in time to wish you a happy birthday! With lots of *confetti!!* And *alcohol!*

Van said...

Thank you :) Way to go, trekking through this slow introductory phase *party music*

Geneva does enjoy sex with Roderick. She enjoys sex with Aldhein more, because he puts in more of an effort, but really, she'd enjoy sex with just about anyone. Geneva and Roderick's problems are mainly due to the fact that Roderick simply needs less sex than Geneva does in order to stay happy. Other than that, they get along okay.

Adie said...

Baby! Baby! Baby!

Van said...

*whistles*

Joseph said...

Ok so I'm finally rereading. May take me a couple of years but its happening :D

I loved that line about Geneva forgetting she was a queen and mother; simply a woman there and then. Wish I could quote the line (typing on my mobile) but it struck me for some reason. I have vague recollections of where this is going and it excites me.

Best part of rereading is that its so long since I read naroni I've forgotten half of this. Really enjoying it again!

Van said...

XD

Enjoy the reread, Joseph! I hope it's not too... I don't know. I was still in the process of recovering from fundamentalist surroundings as a kid when I wrote the 1150s/60s/early 70s. :S