December 8, 2008

In Which the Author Makes Pathetic Excuses

Just a shout out to everyone who might be reading this, sorry that I'm taking so long with the next post. Basically, it only functions to introduce two characters I have a feeling I'll need later, so I'm really struggling to get it done. I open the document, stare at the pictures, and have absolutely no idea what to write. Which sucks, because I have the post after that all thought out perfectly :(

So it may still be a few more days. In the meantime, here's a lovely picture of King Roderick as a toddler, child, teen, and woman. Sorry about this!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Child, teen, and woman! LOL.
Partly my fault, too. We've all been too busy trying to cast the Lotherian movie! :D

Van said...

Next time I have an extended absence, it'll be Geneva! Male Geneva looks somewhat like Bertie Hogge.

Bah, don't worry about it. Even if we hadn't had all that fun casting the Lotherian movie, I still wouldn't have gotten this done. It's just turning out to be one of those posts that's ridiculously hard to write (it's definitely not going to be a good one).

In fact, if I hadn't spent all that time on Lothere tonight, I wouldn't have finally solved the mystery of Florian's illness! Lothere unwittingly gave me the answer :D

Penelope said...

That staring-at-pictures-with-no-idea-what-to-write thing happens to us all, let me tell you!

It'll come to you. And probably while you're doing something boring/completely unrelated like sitting in class.

lothere said...

Happens to me too, if that's any consolation. I spent almost a week staring at Lena's sleeping face before I figured out an angle of attack for that chapter.

These gender/age change pictures are weirdly captivating, aren't they? How I wish we could do that with real people. (I would probably end up looking just like my brother, but still. I bet a lot of really hot real-life men would be dog-ugly women, and vice versa, and contrarywise.)

Van said...

Those pictures are definitely fun to look at. I think I'd probably look more like a younger version of my dad than my brother, who in turn would probably look more like my mom than me.